Chamberlain employment opportunities
We're always looking for great team members!
Working at St. Joseph's Indian School is a blessing and a gift to the Native American children in need we serve.
Family Service Counselor
The Family Service Counselor is responsible for student counseling, providing communication between St. Joseph’s Indian School and the family and/or custodian for each student, and coordination of services in an effort to meet the individual needs of the child. The Family Service Counselor is an active participant in clinical service delivery.
- Coordinates and engages in individual, group, and family counseling for identified students. Facilitates a minimum of two to three small counseling groups to promote positive development. Assists with facilitation of family programming as requested.
- Provides on-going communication through visits or other contacts with the students’ parent(s)/guardian(s), as necessary to provide information both to and from direct care staff. Visits a minimum of 85% of the student’s parent/guardians during the summer months as well as initiating professional contacts within Native American communities.
- Notifies parent(s)/guardian(s) of all special services (additional medical services psychological or educational testing, and other diagnostic assessments) and specific situations (recognition, incidents, etc.)
- Assists to facilitate the coordination of interdisciplinary services to children. Seeks the input of on-campus personnel or other professionals, i.e. pastoral care staff, school physician, psychologists or other Family Service Counselors, in collaboration with direct care staff.
- Assists students’ families in identification of needs. Secures, communicates and networks with outside agencies as necessary to provide services to identified students and family members.
- Facilitates classroom guidance activities following the Standardized Guidance Program, as well as additional primary and secondary prevention activities. Assists with home enrichment activities as requested.
- Completes student observations and coordinates the implementation of student service plans into the home and school environments.
- Facilitates student service plan meetings as scheduled. Attends and participates in weekly peer collaboration meetings.
- Completes and updates Counseling Progress Reports on assigned students receiving special counseling services. Completes Case Service Plans on assigned students.
- Completes all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Assists with crisis intervention services as requested.
- Assists with admission procedures and documentation including Social History, Student/Guardian/Teacher Interviews and Application Status Sheet as requested. This includes the preparation of admission materials for children on the waiting list and their families.
- Annually secures necessary consent forms for St. Joseph’s students. Throughout the year secures specific consent forms required for special circumstances or events.
- Reports any case of physical, emotional or sexual abuse to the proper authorities and notifies the Residential Director when a report is made.
- Master’s Degree (Counseling, Sociology, or Psychology)
- Computer literacy
- Licensure preferred
- Evenings and weekend hours are required
- Flexible schedule
- Some travel (driving) is required throughout the state
The Press Operator operates Tipi Press Printing presses and peripheral equipment.
- Maintains and operates the assigned presses and related equipment.
- Is cross-trained on all Tipi Press Printing equipment in order to assist the department as necessary.
- Performs routine cleaning and maintenance of equipment and assures safe working conditions.
- Assists in the introduction of equipment and training of new employees.
- Works as a team member with the Tipi Press Printing staff to produce as quality product.
- Attends meetings, workshops and seminars that concern Tipi Press Printing.
- Performs functions related to record keeping of inventory and labor/job time allocation.
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently moves with Pallet Jack Truck 2500 to 3000 lbs.
- Regularly bends, stoops, and crouches.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods.
- Uses the abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly over time without becoming fatigued.
- Uses both hands and wrists repetitively for prolonged periods.
- Ear plugs are recommended and offered due to the loud work environment.
Child Services Staff (Residential Staff)
- Single or married
- Strong role models
- Emotional and physical support
- Two staff members per home (12 students)
- 10 month contract
- Rotating schedule (six days on/three off)
We welcome all qualified applications and will keep on file for one year.
To apply, please send resume to:
St. Joseph's Indian School HR Dept.
PO Box 89
Chamberlain, SD 57325