Working for St. Joseph's Indian School is a blessing and a gift to the Native American children in need we serve.
Donor Care Specialist I
Summary of Description: The Donor Care Specialist is a multi-faceted position focused on revenue generation and exceptional donor service. This is a nonexempt position.
Accountability: Reports to the Donor Care Center Supervisor
- Represents St. Joseph’s Indian School in a positive and professional manner at all times, treating donors with the utmost respect — exceeding their expectations with every contact.
- Comprehensively communicates verbally and in writing the mission, programs, and events of St. Joseph’s Indian School in an articulate manner.
- Successfully requests and secures financial contributions from active and lapsed donors.
- Conducts research of donor files to learn donor preferences, attitudes, and feelings towards our mission and programs.
- Participates in quality assurance reviews and calibrations as needed.
- Adheres to the posted schedule of arrival and break times to ensure adequate coverage while maintaining daily goals.
- Accurately documents Donor contact and updates required Customer Service software.
- Coordinates the processing of special donor requests to ensure prompt fulfillment.
- Fields incoming daily call volumes, meeting and exceeding productivity goals, delivering top-level performance, and achieving quality standards.
- Make outbound calls to donors on behalf of St. Joseph Indian School with the purpose of gaining funds and thanking a contributor for their donation.
- Utilizes the appropriate scripting and technologies to provide customers with professional and courteous call resolution.
- Participates in regular team meetings to discuss call results, donor feedback, etc.
- Performs other responsibilities as required by the Donor Care Center Supervisor.
- High School graduate or equivalent. College education or experience with non-profit preferred.
- Prior customer care experience is highly desired.
- Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to contribute to a positive and supportive work environment.
- Ability to provide service excellence and empathy
- Must utilize active listening skills, be detail oriented, and communicate effectively and accurately with the utmost professionalism.
- Must be able to multitask; maintaining verbal communication quality standards while adhering to internal procedures using a computer and a variety of systems.
- Must be able to efficiently learn and use multiple internal computer applications.
- Basic typing skills required (35 wpm or more with high accuracy).
- Must be able to work in a work environment of variable pacing.
- Needs patience when dealing with donors.
- Should be a self-motivated team player of excellent character and personal integrity.
- Needs to display an energetic and enthusiastic personality.
- Must be able to learn and demonstrate a general understanding of Native American culture.
- Must be able to communicate the mission of St. Joseph’s Indian School in-depth.
- Uses both hands and wrists repetitively for prolonged periods
Apply now »
To APPLY, please send resume to:
Attn: Mandy Perry
PO Box 776
Chamberlain, SD 57325
To DONATE, please send to:
St. Joseph’s Indian School
PO Box 326
Chamberlain, SD 57326