Because of generous friends, we can reach out to Lakota (Sioux) children and their families, just like we have since 1927. Admission and all services to Native American children and families remain free-of-charge.
Here is a look at your 2018 impact:
- Private individuals continue to provide nearly all our support — 98% to be more exact.
- For every dollar raised, 65% goes directly to the children attending St. Joseph’s Indian School, their families living in reservation communities, and toward cultural and faith development.
- 23 students were inducted into the National Beta Club
- 203 students received group or individual counseling based on their needs
- 36,030 school lunches served
- Over 6,500 books were distributed by the Bookmobile in July
- 700 student visits to our campus health center
- Over $128,500 was awarded in scholarships to students pursuing higher education
- 96.5% was the average attendance rate of 1st-8th grade students