Because of generous friends, we can reach out to Lakota (Sioux) children and their families, just like we have since 1927. Admission and all services to Native American children and families remain free-of-charge.
Here is a look at your 2019 impact:
- Private individuals continue to provide nearly all our support — 98% to be more exact.
- For every dollar raised, 68% goes directly to the children attending St. Joseph’s Indian School, their families living in reservation communities, and toward cultural and faith development.
- 80 students traveled throughout the U.S. and abroad.
- 180 students received group or individual counseling based on their needs
- Over 35,000 dining hall meals served
- Over 8,000 books were distributed by the Bookmobile in July
- Over 3,800 campus health center visits.
- Over $191,000 was awarded in scholarships to students pursuing higher education
- 96.5% was the average attendance rate of 1st-8th grade students